Saturday, March 17, 2007

Day 1 in Jakarta....

Took the late flight to Jakarta today as planned with the 2 kids and mom... not as hard to manage those two as expected than... maybe they know that they have to be good, otherwise i might throw them out from the plane. hahaha...

Kinda blurred upon arrival at the Jakarta airport.. brother said to take the BB taxi or GY taxi, but gotta be aware that BB taxi might have imitation, so gotta look for the right counter/person.. Sounds kinda tense here... what IF i got the imitation taxi?! Will we be in danger?? What kind of danger?? Gosh.... tension-nya....

Managed to get into the right taxi and headed to bro's house... but you know what?! Communication breakdown!!!!! Told the taxi driver the destination, and he ANSWERED!!!!!! The worst thing was, I DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!!!!

Gosh! That's bad!!! I don't get what the taxi driver was asking, and he didn't get what I was saying too!! And I thought that Jakarta and Malaysia speaks the same language pulak, but just the different accent I suppose....

I can see that there's some doubt in the taxi driver's face and manage to understood what he wants from me from the bits and pieces of what he said... "...... telepon... teman..." others remains a mystery....

So I gotta pick up the phone and call bro... apa pulak, he wasn't in a good tone to answer this call i suppose..... "Quick! Quick!" That's what i recalled so far....

I managed to get the reason behind on those "Quick! Quick!" issue....

"I didn't know you were calling from your handphone! I thought you called me by using the public phone while you were at the airport. You know how expensive it is to call by using Malaysia line??! RM6.00 per minute you know?!"

No wonder he's on fire........ expensive-nya indeed!!!

First night in Jakarta... and all i could see is dark places with lots of big buildings and rundown houses all in one....

No comments: